Aer Lingus is known to have a strict hand luggage policy with specific size and weight limits for carry-on bags. It’s essential for passengers to be aware of these limits and comply with them to avoid any issues during their journey.
Carry-On Baggage Limits
- Handbag: 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm (22 inches x 14 inches x 7 inches)
- Personal Item: 25 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (10 inches x 16 inches x 7 inches)
- Carry-On Bag Weight: 10 kg (22 lb)
- Passengers with special needs may be allowed to bring a larger carry-on bag if approved by Aer Lingus.
- Children under the age of two can bring a diaper bag or baby carrier in addition to their carry-on bag.
If your carry-on bag exceeds the size or weight limit, you will be required to check it as baggage, which may result in additional fees. Aer Lingus also charges for oversized and overweight checked baggage.
Tips for Complying with Aer Lingus Hand Luggage Policy:
- Pack light to avoid exceeding weight limits. The less you bring, the less likely you are to have a problem with your carry-on bag.
- Measure and weigh your carry-on bag before arriving at the airport to ensure compliance.
- Consider using a hard-sided case for your carry-on bag, as it can help maintain the proper dimensions.
If you have concerns about your carry-on luggage, it’s advisable to contact Aer Lingus in advance of your flight to confirm that it meets their requirements.
I am an internet worker who enjoys travel all over the world. I write in this website to share my passion and tips to fly cheaper and to find great deals of the most popular airlines. I will also add some help guides and tutorials for the frequently asked questions.