As a member of the Free Spirit loyalty program, you may want to use your Spirit points to book flights or other travel rewards for friends and family. Although transferring points between Free Spirit accounts is not allowed, you can combine your points with family and friends through Points Pooling.
In this guide, we will explain how to use your Spirit points for someone else using Points Pooling, and cover related topics such as Spirit Airlines gift miles and point transfers.
How to Use Your Spirit Points for Someone Else: A Step-by-Step Guide
Spirit Airlines Gift Miles
Spirit Airlines does not offer a traditional “gift miles” program. But you can still use your points to book a flight for someone else. Simply follow the normal booking process and input the recipient’s information when prompted for passenger details. The points will be deducted from your account. And the person you booked the flight for will receive the itinerary and confirmation.
Can I Transfer My Spirit Points for Someone Else?
Directly transferring points between Free Spirit accounts is not allowed. However, you can still use your points to benefit others through Points Pooling. It allows you to combine your points with those of your family and friends to reach reward goals more easily.
Spirit Points Pooling
Points Pooling is a feature of the Free Spirit loyalty program. It enables you to pool your points with up to 8 other Free Spirit members. Here’s how to set up and use Points Pooling:
- Visit the Points Pooling page for information and conditions: Go to the Spirit Points Pooling page at https://www.spirit.com/s/points-pooling.
- Sign in to your Free Spirit account: Log in to your Free Spirit account using your member number and password.
- Create a Points Pool: Click on the “Create a Points Pool” button and follow the instructions to set up your pool. You will become the Pool Leader and have control over the redemption of pooled points.
- Invite family and friends: As the Pool Leader, you can invite up to 8 other Free Spirit members to join your Points Pool. Send invitations by entering their Free Spirit member numbers or email addresses.
- Accept invitations: The invited members must accept your invitation to join the Points Pool. Once they have joined, their points will be added to the pool automatically.
- Redeem pooled points: As the Pool Leader, you can use the pooled points to book flights or other travel rewards for any member of the pool, including yourself. When redeeming points, the total cost of the reward will be deducted from the Points Pool balance.
Example: If your Points Pool has a total of 40,000 points and you want to book a flight for your friend that costs 20,000 points, the 20,000 points will be deducted from the Points Pool balance, leaving 20,000 points remaining.
I am an internet worker who enjoys travel all over the world. I write in this website to share my passion and tips to fly cheaper and to find great deals of the most popular airlines. I will also add some help guides and tutorials for the frequently asked questions.