Aer Lingus has a two-phase boarding process that is designed to get passengers on board their flights as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Phase 1: Priority Boarding
Priority boarding is available to passengers who have paid for it or who have certain status with Aer Lingus’s frequent flyer program. Priority boarding passengers are the first to board the plane, which gives them more time to find their seats and stow their carry-on luggage.
Phase 2: General Boarding
General boarding is for all other passengers. Passengers are boarded in groups based on their boarding pass zone, which is printed on their boarding pass. The boarding process starts with the front of the plane and works its way back.
Here are the steps that passengers will typically follow when boarding an Aer Lingus flight:
- Check-in: Passengers must check in for their flight at least 2 hours before departure. They can check in online, at the airport check-in desk, or through the Aer Lingus app.
- Passport control: Passengers who are traveling internationally will need to pass through passport control. This process can take some time, so passengers should allow extra time for it.
- Security screening: All passengers must pass through security screening. This process can also take some time, so passengers should allow extra time for it.
- Boarding: Once passengers have passed through security screening, they will proceed to the boarding gate. They will be called to board by boarding group.
- Finding your seat: Once on board, passengers will find their seats and stow their carry-on luggage. They should then fasten their seatbelts and listen for the safety instructions from the crew.
Tips for boarding quickly
Here are a few tips for boarding an Aer Lingus flight quickly:
- Check-in online or through the app as early as possible. This will save you time at the airport check-in desk.
- Be prepared for security screening. Have your boarding pass, passport, and any other required documentation ready.
- Get to the boarding gate early. This will give you more time to find your seat and stow your carry-on luggage.
- If you have priority boarding, use it. This will get you on the plane faster and give you more time to find your seat.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you board your Aer Lingus flight quickly and smoothly.
I am an internet worker who enjoys travel all over the world. I write in this website to share my passion and tips to fly cheaper and to find great deals of the most popular airlines. I will also add some help guides and tutorials for the frequently asked questions.