Allegiant Airlines has a variety of restrictions on what you can bring on board their flights. These restrictions are in place for the safety of all passengers and crew members. Here are some of the things that are not allowed on Allegiant Airlines flights:
- Firearms and Ammunition: Allegiant Airlines does not allow any firearms or ammunition on board their flights, including handguns, rifles, shotguns, ammunition, and gun parts. This includes both checked and carry-on luggage.
- Dangerous or Hazardous Materials: For safety reasons, Allegiant Airlines strictly prohibits the carriage of dangerous or hazardous materials, including explosives, flammable liquids, compressed gases, oxidizers, and corrosive substances. This applies to both checked and carry-on baggage.
- Self-Propelled Vehicles: Allegiant Airlines forbids the carriage of any self-propelled vehicles on board their flights, including skateboards, scooters, hoverboards, and Segways. These items are considered a potential safety hazard and are not permitted.
- Live Animals: With the exception of service animals, Allegiant Airlines prohibits the carriage of live animals on their flights. Service animals must be properly documented and harnessed throughout the flight.
- Sharp Objects: To prevent injury, Allegiant Airlines restricts the carriage of sharp objects, including knives, scissors, box cutters, and any object with a blade over 4 inches in length. These items must be checked in baggage.
- Liquids, Aerosols, and Gels: To comply with TSA regulations, Allegiant Airlines limits the quantity of liquids, aerosols, and gels in both carry-on and checked baggage. In carry-on luggage, these items must be stored in 3.4-ounce (100-milliliter) containers or less and placed in a single, clear, quart-sized bag. Check-in baggage has no restrictions on liquids.
- Food and Beverages: Allegiant Airlines allows only breast milk, formula, juices, and medications in carry-on luggage. All other food items, including snacks, sandwiches, and packaged goods, must be checked in luggage.
Items Restricted in Checked Baggage
- Certain Types of Lithium Batteries: Allegiant Airlines restricts the carriage of certain types of lithium batteries, including those found in laptops, cameras, and power banks, in checked baggage. These batteries may pose a fire hazard and require special handling.
- Paintball Guns and Pellet Guns: While not prohibited, paintball guns and pellet guns are considered dangerous and must be declared to Allegiant Airlines at check-in. They may be subject to additional inspection and handling requirements.
- Golf Clubs, Surfboards, Windsurfing Equipment: Allegiant Airlines limits the carriage of large, bulky items like golf clubs, surfboards, and windsurfing equipment to a maximum of two pieces per passenger. These items must be checked in baggage and securely packed to prevent damage.
Items Subject to Additional Restrictions
- Electronic Devices: Allegiant Airlines requires all electronic devices, including laptops, tablets, and cell phones, to be turned off and stowed during takeoff and landing. This is for the safety of passengers and to prevent interference with aircraft systems.
- Musical Instruments: Musical instruments, such as guitars, violins, and drums, must be checked in baggage due to their size and potential to damage other luggage. They should be properly packaged to avoid damage during transit.
- Sports Equipment: Sports equipment like skis, snowboards, bicycles, and scuba diving gear must be properly packaged to avoid damage in checked baggage. They should also be declared to Allegiant Airlines at check-in to ensure proper handling.
- Gift Baskets and Food Items: Packages containing gift baskets or food items must be declared to Allegiant Airlines at check-in. These items may be subject to additional inspection due to potential security concerns.
I am an internet worker who enjoys travel all over the world. I write in this website to share my passion and tips to fly cheaper and to find great deals of the most popular airlines. I will also add some help guides and tutorials for the frequently asked questions.